In this special edition of Medya New Podcasts, I was very happy to be joined by Seher Aydar from Oslo. Seher was elected yesterday to the Norwegian Parliament for the Red Party (or Rødt) and is the first woman of Kurdish origin to enter the Norwegian legislative parliament.
I welcomed Seher to Medya News and congratulated her on her electoral victory and thanked her for joining us and taking time out from her celebrations over her historic victory. I began by asking her:
1) What is your reaction to your historic electoral victory?
2) Can you tell us a little bit about your political history of politics in Norway and of the journey that has taken you now all the way to the Norwegian parliament?
3) Could you tell us a little bit about your election campaign. What were the issues you and your party fought the election on and what manifesto commitments will you now be working on, in the upcoming term in parliament?
4) Do you yet have an idea about who will form the next government in Norway?
5) I believe that the Red Party has been very active in raising awareness of the situation of the Kurds in Norway – organising and taking part in meetings, panels and delegations. Now that you are entering the Norwegian parliament, how will this affect your work in this regard?