Turkish ministry of internal affairs said on Thursday that a military operation had been launched in the eastern province of Şırnak (Şirnex) and Hakkari (Colemerg). The operation was named “Eren Cudi-Besta” and was launched on Mount Cudi in Şırnak while another operation named “Eren Kazan-Oğul” was launched in Hakkari. The ministry said that 5,632 members of the security forces are participating in the operations.
MA reports that another military operation, which was launched in the Lice district of southeastern province of Diyarbakır (Amed) on Thursday, continues with heavy armed clashes between the Turkish armed forces and Kurdish fighters.
According to recent information coming from Lice, in addition to the Turkish soldiers, “village guards” (Kurdish militia paid by the Turkish state) were also transported to Lice in “school busses” to take part in the operations.
MA reported that five fighters from the People’s Defence Forces (HPG) had lost their lives in the clashes with the Turkish armed forces in Lice.
The bodies of the fighters have been reportedly been transferred to the Gazi Yaşargil Training and Research Hospital.