🔴 Following the airstrikes launched by Turkey over north and east Syria, SDF Commander Mazloum Abdi said that Turkey used the Istanbul blast as an excuse for attacks on the region.#SDF | #Kurdish | #TurkeyAttacksRojava | #Airstrikehttps://t.co/z4HJPKCYxj pic.twitter.com/e4eOLepzu2
— MedyaNews (@1MedyaNews) November 22, 2022
Mazloum Abdi, the Commander-in-Chief of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) spoke to Ronahi TV and said that everybody will get harmed if Turkey continues its attacks on North and east Syria,
Following the airstrikes launched by Turkey over north and east Syria, Mazloum Abdi said to Ronahi TV that Turkey used the explosion in Istanbul, on 13 November, as an excuse for attacks on the region, but the Kurdish forces do not have anything to do with the explosion.
“All the world knows that our forces and any of the Kurdish movement have nothing to do with this terrorist attack. They targeted civilians. This is an incident of the Turkish intelligence service,” said Abdi.
Stating that Turkey has in fact been planning the launch of this operation over the last year, Abdi said the Turkish state is posing its latest assault as a revenge attack, using the explosion in Istanbul as an excuse.
The attacks will not be limited to our regions which are now being subjected to aggressive and barbaric bombing.
We call on our families to stay in their homes and abide by the directives of the Security Forces. (2)
— Mazloum Abdî مظلوم عبدي (@MazloumAbdi) November 19, 2022
Mazloum Abdi also said that both the explosion in Istanbul and the airstrike killed many civilians.
“We do not want war. We will do everything for it not to happen,” said Abdi and added: “However, if they impose a war on us, we are ready for a big struggle with our people. If any war breaks out, it will affect only this region, but will also spread to other regions and will affect everybody.”
Abdi called every related party to act and prevent Turkey’s attacks on north and east Syria.
Turkey had accused the People’s Protection Units (YPG), Women’s Protection Units (YPJ) and the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) of the Istanbul bomb attack which killed six people on 13 November, without any investigation.
After Turkey claimed that the AANES and its military wing SDF were connected with the bomber, the Department of Foreign Relations of the AANES also announced that it had no connection with the bomb attack and invited international forces to be involved in the investigation.
Following the statements of Abdi and SDF, one Turkish soldier and two police were wounded as a result of a rocket fired at Turkey’s Syrian border province of Kilis on Sunday, Turkish state-owned Anadolu Agency reported.